The brand new Office of the Registrar website launched on March 10th, 2021. The site has been redesigned to be more navigable, responsive, and it is full of support services for students, instructors, and campus partners. It was a different world when the kick-off meeting was held in October 2019 and no one could have anticipated the chaos which would ensue due to the pandemic. Thankfully, the project was never fully derailed. There were, however, changes in technical direction, the exit of a project owner, and a pushed launch date.
Communication is key when trying to coordinate with several entities and stakeholders. To keep the project cadence consistent and everyone on the same page, a check-in meeting was held every other week with the Registrar's representative and coordinator and we created chats to facilitate the question and answer process between groups. Within SASG's DevSecOps group, there was stellar communication and collaboration between the Website Development team, Network Services team, and the Custom Programming team. This allowed for a smooth transition of the custom Dates and Deadlines application into the new Registrar website and other custom applications onto a new server.
This was a massive team effort—not just between the Registrar's Office and SASG but campus-wide. The website utilizes a pre-release version of the new Arizona QuickStart 2.0 Drupal distribution, which is the product of the Arizona Digital team. A General Availability release is scheduled to be available this summer.
The launch of the new website would not have been possible without the efforts of the following individuals:
- Ashley Slay (leading developer)
- Rebecca Macaulay (Project Manager)
- Chris Rodriguez (coordinator and Registrar Office liaison)
- Hayden Bacon (systems administrator)
- Markos Iordanopoulos (business analyst)
- Chris Bergeron (custom application lead)
- Michael Camp (custom application developer)
- Eugene Hart (SASG DevSecOps lead)
- Dawn Hunziker and Barbie Lopez (IT Accessibility)
- The Arizona Digital Team and Campus Web Services Team
- Joe Parsons (AZ Digital/CWS)
- Cameron Green (AZ Digital/CWS)
- Dana Hertzberg (AZ Digital/CWS)
- Kevin Cooper (AZ Digital/CWS)
- John Moore (AZ Digital/CWS)
- Troy Dean (AZ Digital/CALS)
- Chris Green (AZ Digital/MBM)
- ...and really everyone who participates in AZ Digital