Frequently Asked Questions
Submit an SASG Helpdesk ticket and select the category, “Mass Email Campaign.” Create a descriptive subject and provide the following information.
- A brief description of the purpose and goal of the campaign
- Describe the target population to receive the email. We will need criteria to create the list of email addresses for the target population. Here are some specifics to include:
- Term(s) – admitted, enrolled, to enroll, expected graduation
- Campus: MAIN, SOUTH, On-line, Distance or All
- any other criteria required to select the correct population; college, degree-seeking, major, ethnicity, etc.
- Department Name (who is this communication from)
- From Name
- From Email Address
- Reply-to Email Address
- Email Subject
- Date(s) to send the campaign
- File containing content (HTML preferred; otherwise allow more time for your request)
- Test Email recipient(s) who will review and approve the content included in a test run
Students are automatically provided with Google Apps for Education within their CatMail student email account. Faculty and staff may opt in to a CatMail account in order to have access to Google Apps for Education tools. Faculty and staff email will remain on the existing University email system, but all other apps will be available.
Follow the link to Opt-In. https://account.arizona.edu/account/googleapps/googleaccount
A form request through UITS is necessary, instructions can be found here. http://uits.arizona.edu/services/uaconnect/students
Once the accounts have been provisioned we will be happy to help in getting them connected.
- If you are a student: Please visit adobe-student.arizona.edu to request access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. You will need to fill out a form with some information about yourself before your request can be made. Please note that you will need to request access to Adobe Creative Cloud every academic year, otherwise it will be revoked.
- If you are a staff member who needs access to Adobe Acrobat Reader: Please visit adobe.com and click on the Sign In button in the top right. On the sign in page, click “Sign in with an Enterprise ID”. Enter your University of Arizona email address, then log in via the UA web auth page. Once you are redirected back to the Adobe site, click on “Desktop Downloads” under “Document Cloud Apps” in the black box on the left side of the screen. Click “Download Now” under “Adobe Acrobat Pro DC” and follow the installation instructions
- If you are a staff member who needs access to Adobe Creative Cloud: Please submit a ticket through our Help Desk requesting access to Adobe Creative Cloud. Please also add your supervisor to the ticket when you submit it, as we require written permission from supervisors whose employees are requesting access due to the limited number of licenses that are available.
All University of Arizona faculty and staff members can install Office 365 on their home computers free of charge. To do so, log into portal.office.com on the computer you wish to install Office on. You will need to use your University of Arizona email address to log in. Once logged in, you will see a box on the right side of the screen that reads “Install Office”. Click the box and click on “Office 365 apps” from the dropdown menu that opens. Follow the installation instructions that are provided to you.
A free version of Sophos Home is available here. Click on the blue “Download Now” button and create an account with Sophos, then download the installer and follow the installation instructions. You will have a free 30-day trial of Sophos Home Premium, after which Sophos will revert to the free version of Sophos Home unless you upgrade to the paid version of Sophos Home Premium.
SASG maintains an application whitelist that only allows certain applications to be installed on our computers. If you are receiving a message that your program is blocked, that means that it is not in our whitelist. To have the program installed, please submit a ticket to us with the name of the program, your computer name, and your location (building and office/cubicle number) and we’ll be happy to help!
If you are the supervisor of the new student employee, you will need to request a Catworks account for them here. Click on “Request Account” and enter the NetID of the student employee. You will receive an email confirming your request, and you and the student employee will receive a follow-up email once the account has been created. Once the follow-up email is created, your student employee should be able to sign into Outlook and Skype for Business.
This problem usually occurs when a user logs into their account before their computer has enough time to communicate with the server and load their profile completely. To resolve it, try logging out of your account, waiting a few minutes, and logging in again. Make sure not to restart the computer!
Please submit a ticket requesting a replacement keyboard/mouse. Make sure that your ticket includes your computer name as well as your location (building and office/cubicle number) so that we can help you quicker!
One popular method of organizing Outlook inboxes is by creating rules. Rules tell Outlook to send emails that meet certain specifications to specific folders so that your inbox is less cluttered. You can find instructions for creating rules here.
First, log into netid-plus.arizona.edu. Once you are logged in, click on “Manage your Account”, then “Add a Device”. We strongly recommend installing the Duo Mobile app on your phone and authenticating with Duo authentication, using phone calls and text messages as a backup only. To set up NetID+, select your authentication method of choice and proceed through the setup steps.
- If you only need to access University of Arizona resources (such as UAccess Financials): Go to this page to find more information about the University of Arizona VPN. Click on the “Download UA VPN” link and download the installer for your operating system. Once the installer finishes downloading, open it and follow the instructions to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. Once the installation is complete, open the VPN client and click “Connect”. If the white address box is blank, enter “vpn.arizona.edu” (without the quotes) and hit “Connect”. Enter your NetID, NetID password, and authentication method (“push” for Duo, “phone” for phone calls). Once you authenticate, hit “Accept” in the box that pops up. You will then be connected to the University of Arizona VPN service and will be able to access protected pages.
- If you need access to SASG resources (such as when remoting into your work desktop): If you do not already have VPN access, please submit a ticket requesting access. We will process your request and inform you when you have VPN access. Once you have access, please follow the steps above to install the client. Once the client is installed, open it up and replace “UA SSL VPN” or “vpn.arizona.edu” (whichever shows up in the address box) with “vpn.arizona.edu/sasg” (without the quotes) before connecting.